Delhi Public Library
- Delhi Public Library is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Culture and governed by the Delhi Library Board, fully financed by the Government of India.
- Delhi Public Library was started as a UNESCO project in year 1951 by the Govt. of India.
- Delhi Public Library has a network of Zonal Libraries, Branches & Sub-branches, R.C.Libraries, Community Libraries, Deposit Stations, Mobile Library, Braille library, spread all over Delhi.
- The library is well stocked with collection of over 18 lakh books in Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi & other Indian Languages and almost all subjects are represented in its collection.
Address: H-Block, Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi
Delhi University Library
- The South Campus Library, the University of Delhi was established in 1973 to facilitate access for South Delhi Residents.
- It has a four story separate building, in beautiful surroundings on an elevated site at the centre of the Campus and offers a congenial environment for study and research.
- The total sitting capacity of the Library is about 275 seats, with reading halls on all the floor alongwith the collection.
Address: University of Delhi, University Road, Delhi
Year Founded: 1973